- WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MAIN ISSUES (AREAS OF CONCERN) RELATED TO GENERAL INTERNET USAGE?
Conduct primary and secondary research.
Some useful links:
This video addresses the numerous problems with the internet such as; Privacy, addiction,
1. Cyber-bullying – Being bullied online
2. Propaganda – influences on the internet making people think a certain way
3. false information – incorrect info that makes people seem like idiots
4. inappropriate access to adult content – children getting onto porn sites and such
5. Identity theft – bank information being stolen
6. harm & offence – people being arses on the internet
Social media issues:
Catfishing – People make fake accounts and trick people into thinking they are someone they aren’t.
cyber bullying – People make fun of people anonymously
propaganda – Images or texts designed to influence people to think a certain way
Legal and ethical problems with the internet:
Privacy – There are various acts in place to prevent invasions of privacy such as the, “Invasion of privacy act”
National laws can’t be applied on the internet because if someone commits a cyber crime from the UK on someone in the US where does the jurisdiction fall, the UK or the US.
Deformation law – If you say someone is or has done something on the news or whatnot, and it is proved to be false the publisher must pay a fine.
Anti-terrorism laws – You can’t promote terrorism on news or internet
You can’t regulate all of the internet there is simply too much.
Cyber crime – crimes that are commited online such as; Fraud, scam, e.t.c.